Monday

If you decide to like "morning", then each day will contain a little joy. For me, it's an easy time of day to be happy; not a lot of noise or activity, or things to do. My coffee and I read the news in peace. All but for the garbage trucks, but at least they take the trash away.

Here at chez Dale, my wife and I have plasticked the windows to keep the heat in during what will be the most expensive winter on record, heat-wise. If it gets too expensive, I'll scale the buiding next door and run an extension cord over here to furnish power to my space heaters. I'll paint it black and run it along some existing wires so it won't be noticed, and then have people over for a "stop shivering for a while" party. (We have extra plastic, Rania, for the drafty window in the hallway on two, and more after that. You want it?)

I used to have three jobs at once. That was bullshit and I went back to two, eventually, but for that brief time I was always on my way to or from work. (Or at work.) I didn't need the money, I just wanted to stay busy. That was the year I had seven W-2s. During the time of multiple jobs I knew a lot of other people with multiple jobs, and they all agreed that what made it tolerable was that while they were at one job, they were being thankful that at least they weren't at the other.

These days I still have this experience once a week when the weekend of pharmacy is over and school starts again. It's not a bad job but it does get old, by which I mean, ages me.

Taking-forty-pills-and-putting-them-over-there and so forth, day in and day out, calls for patience of seeing eye dog proportions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home