Thursday

Last night I was putting THE finishing touch on a friend's watch (reattaching the bracelet) and I shot a spring bar across the room and deep into my couch, wherein lie the things of nightmares. It's pretty much go bye-bye and now I have to go get another one. Lesson, don't shoot things across the room. Watchmakers spend half their lives crawling around on the floor looking for parts they dropped.

It was a good watch to work on. A cheapie, one for which I'm already overqualified, a Skagen (Danish) that, I couldn't believe it, has plastic wheels. The case was titanium, though. The dial came loose when the dial feet broke in some kind of bad shock so I attached it to the movement with some dial dots (stickum) and put the hands back on. The day, date, and 24 hr hands had popped off when the dial came flying loose so I reattached those, and the crystal (clear part on front. made of glass usually) was scratched so I broke it out and replaced it with a new one. I also scratched off the nine phosphorescent dots that remained after moisture in the watch claimed the other three, and that's the only problem that remains. The little teeny scratches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home