Saturday

My (excellent) wife is down in Iowa this weekend, busy attending to another wedding which I was, due to professional obligations, unable to attend. So to honor her in her absence I went over to a friend's house where we watched the movie "house of wax". This is a horror movie that begins, typically enough, with some young adults in a backwater with no connection to the outside world. Pure schlock till the stage is set, but really, what a stage. If this wasn't a high budget picture, the people responsible for making it look as if it were deserve to have an award named after them. Paris Hilton is in it, and what could suit the mentality that craves a cheesy bloodbath movie better than feminity looking all sexy, and then being totally destroyed by some guy with serious mental problems? If, like me, you're familiar with her, uh, past acting, the idea of a vaguely cylindrical thing getting shoved into Paris's face will seem oddly familiar, but this time it's into her forehead, so don't feel bad if it doesn't ring a bell. (For those people who don't know what I'm talking about, look up "Paris Hilton" on this thing called "Google".)

On a different note, what's the deal with sunflower seeds? I got a cup of sunflower seeds as a present (who? why?) from someone at some point, and it's just sitting on my shelf waiting to be given a shit about, and it's in for a disappointment. I think that to be enthusiastic about sunflower seeds you have to be way more into spitting and fooling around with things in your mouth than I am. About the most commitment I could ever make to a mouth-habit thing would be chewing tobacco, which requires even less work than gum. But have you seen these seeds? It takes a lot of work to nibble around on these stupid things, then spit out half, then do it again and you're spitting the whole time. I don't have the patience if I'm not getting paid for this kind of bullshit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home