Saturday

I was just drawing up a dose of vancomycin and thinking about life, when it hit me that the question of whether people have free will or not, I've never heard explained through the objective that we weren't consulted when we came into being as humans in the first place, so what difference does it make, or how could any answer (which can't be determined anyway) to questions about our free will even matter?

Our identities as humans are extremely superficial, and even if we commit suicide or kill people, we've made no dent in the universe. We, as life forms in a chain, mulch and come back as ever more complex life forms on a geologic time scale. So we never really have even the option of a serious existential problem. We are part of something much bigger that doesn't need us to be anything, and any problem we associate with us being who and what we are is a product of our imagination, and at that, an imagination built on a worldview that is basically conflicted as to the nature and importance of existence.

Tonight I'm going to watch "walk the line" with my wife and some friends. Anybody wants to come let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home