Tuesday

In the last week I've been enjoying Benjamen Walker's theory of everything, which is a radio show. Each one is a half hour long and they're kind of like this american life, but with less focus on the droll, almost-adventures of the same six people, and more interestingness. I got lucky with the first three I listened to. The next three were less spectacular. All the broadcasts can be downloaded over on the left as mp3s.

In descending order, I recommend "American Exceptionalism", "CIA/ART", and "Saint phil".

I have been flipping channels a little lately. Thanks to this guy I know I get free cable so I've been watching vh1, which has been showing "I love the eighties". If you've never heard of it the gist is this: celebrities pretend to reminisce about specific fads like parachute pants or whatever. The celebrities' jobs are to say something entertaining for a little soundbite, and then they do that for a little while, and they move on. They pretty much make fun of everything that happened in the eighties. One of the regulars that appears is a guy who calls himself Mo Rocca. I'm going to give the following sentence its own paragraph.

Mo Rocca is not funny.

Please, vh1, get rid of him and get rid of the idiot black "comedienne", who says that Tiger Woods, who is half-black and half-chinese, she calls "Negroese!" Did you hear that, everybody?!? She said negroese!! Please, stand aside, for I am going to spew the contents of my mouth because of how fucking hilarious that is! This is surely the most wonderful of all jokes ever told! Its simplicity, its brevity, its sheer truth and beauty, I am in awe of it!

But seriously, upon deep consideration, I can't think of anyone who would actually laugh at that. Maybe they're out there and I'm just lucky for not knowing them.

The show is generally pretty good; the best commentators are Michael Ian Black and the guy with the dark hair who wears the leather jacket, whoever he is. I think he's from some show on HBO, which is why I don't know who he is.

In other news, the storm continues to gather around the steaming shitpile that is the Bush administration, which makes me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home