Saturday

Just when I thought I understood why people are trying to burn France to the ground, this headline comes along and slaps me in the face.

If you're going to buy a copy of Richard Scarry's "best word book ever", get the original on ebay. The new one (1991) sucks; as it's been reengineered to be more culturally sensitive (if that's what you call it) it's also been wiped clean of virtually all cultural information. You'll see what I mean. The book has palpably less actual value in its newer form. It's at somebody's flickr account. What was once "beautiful screaming lady" is now "cat in danger".

The wife and I erected
the christmas tree and drank egg nogs last night, and watched the you'll shoot your eye out movie. Then we put in the million-year-old claymation Burl Ives one. What a sleeper. We have decided that we prefer non-alcoholic egg nog to the brandy/rum-laden varieties. It's strange that egg nog has high fructose corn syrup in it. I must get a recipe and make this myself henceforth. HFCS is uncceptable.

I saw this guy I know, Mishi, at the gym where I go. He said he's been going there since May, and dude is fucking ripped. He used to work where I used to work, at Sebastian Joe's ice cream cafe. He said he works at starbucks now.

Tonight I will try to have a certain Jew come over here for round three of the increasingly poorly named "night" that he's going to fix my computer. It's working now, but Ubuntu is a little confusing and I am under a deadline with the approaching holiday. If you're reading this, let's get these devices located and these settings imported and I'll make you a drink. I would call you but our schedules are different; mine sucks, and yours is great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home