Sunday

movie review

Let me tell you about a movie called Saw 2.

The short version: Save eight fifty. Don't go.

Saw 2 is an hour and twenty minute long nine inch nails video. Prostheses, shaking cameras, and -yawn- a way mental serial killer who (get this!) is trying to teach everybody a lesson!

To the best of my knowledge, the trend with this sort of style-driven violence-gag movie began with the Gilliam picture "seven", where all is battered slum, but that used to be a nice house in some forgotten urban hellhole. Peeling plaster and so forth was all over the place and the plot was so necessarily complicated that it was riddled with flaws. If someone is trapped and they can't get away but you look right behind them and there's a way to escape that they just didn't think of, puh-leeze. This occurred several times. I don't mind the suspension of disbelief every once in a while but I can only bend over backerds so far before it's time to turn my attention to the lesbians sitting in front of me. Attractive, young lesbians, the rarest of the species, and I saw them in the wild. I can finally confirm their existence. But enough about that.

Conclusion:
The only good thing about Saw 2 is that when it's over and someone tells you they saw it, you can then say "I saw "Saw 2" too!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home