Saturday

the zero hour

Today is the last day of the first of my computer's life. It is getting fully (buh-bye, XP) redone this evening. I went through all my old files* this morning, backed up the good stuff (gifs of david brent dancing and whatnot) and am ready to erase it down to nothing.

Anybody read anything good lately? Anything that's like what they were writing in the sixties? Some wrongheaded, oversimplistic, peacenik stuff? Because I'm so closed-minded that I need to read some. Or something like that. Maybe I'll explain this at some point. Maybe not.


* It's amazing what you accumulate digitally. Maybe it's like the rest of stuff, like how some people packrat shit away so much that they live in a garbage house that people point at and laugh when they drive by it. Another thing, when my brother moved here for the summer, he brought pretty much some clothes and a computer. It's the new thing you have to have; it provides a big part of people's environment. Media, the management of contacts (relationships, really), bookmarks, I know that at my most dependent I would have been pretty devastated by the loss of my computer. I estimate sixty gigs of stuff and a broadband connection is what it takes to keep me happy as a clam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home