Monday

big internet day

Woo-dawgies!

Ok, first and foremost, for wiki to change the rules because of one little cry-baby is bad policy. Here's what Siegenthaler wrote about how shocked and wronged he was over the whole thing. Cry me a river and drown in it, Siegenthaler. Dealing with people making up dumb shit about you is an important component of living in the digital age.

Number two, I am now finished with hairsprings. I finished my test, got it graded, and wound up with 5.18 of 6. Passing is 4. I am done and they can't make me do it any more. This was truly small, small scale work, and was an excellent way to prepare us to work on extremely delicate things of all kinds. For example, the watch I'm fixing righ tnow to give my wife, a LeCoultre. This watch is in good condition but, as I discovered this morning is missing a roller table.

How in the hell am I going to get a roller table for a LeCoultre?

On to bigger and different things; next is the escapement. Our focus will be mainly on the swiss lever escapement, adjusting pallet stones, etc. I do not anticipate this will be as bad as the hairsprings, which in turn were not as bad as we were prepared for them to be. The best thing about suffering is that once you've really done it, everything else is easy by comparison. I have no doubt that there are some for whom hairsprings was the most nerve-racking thing they've ever attempted. It was hard for me and I lost my patience more than once but it wasn't as bad as some girlfriends I've had. Not by a damn sight. One of these girls in particular had more emotional problems than a lesbian gangbang, and now that I think about it maybe that's a story for another time.

A few links,
a pack of squirrels killed a dog in Russia, there's probably a joke about what end-times interpretation Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson will have to offer there,

An annoyingly messianic, obvious pronouncement about the utility of Ajax,

something useful made with Ajax for firefox (looks like a doozie),

and a couple of scary-looking Asian dudes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home