Wednesday

singing the white man's blues

First off, thanks, rk, for pimping my box with firefox 1.5 without synaptic. It's nice, except for the wheel-click problem, which is more puzzling than annoying. Allow me to explain.

Since the upgrade to 1.5, when I click the rolly-wheel (which has become my favorite method of navigating tabs), instead of closing the tab I'm clicking, that tab reroutes to some website. The real mystery is how that website is selected. At first I thought robinkisser had played a trick on me because I wound up at Microsoft's homepage, and they're the sworn enemy of pretty much everybody with a pulse. I called him, said "ha, ha, what's the deal", but it wasn't him, and then looked for the setting but couldn't find it. Anyone knows which menu that's in, let me know? Please? There has to be a mouse config someplace that I'm not looking. If it makes it any more impossible, I'm running ubuntu. Thanks.

This morning and most of last night the tab I was trying to close would go to my most recently clicked link, but after I hadn't clicked anything for a couple of minutes, the clicks took me back to f-ing microsoft again. And that's not even the homepage. It's like there is a list of bullshit links being generated somewhere.

This is so damn strange, and it is obviously intentional on someone's part, and I can't imagine who or how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home