Thursday

Today my last minute Christmas shopping took me to Ridgedale drive, where I saw something that blew me away.

It's not often that you see something new. Maybe it's something you've seen before, but not in this certain way, and maybe it's literally seeing something you've never seen before. Maybe what I saw was the former masquerading as the latter. It was traffic, snarled and going in all directions.

From where I was sitting, in the middle if it, at one point I looked around and it was all just a heaving, swelling, writhing mass of cars, literally as far as the eye could see. It was amazing, organic even, breathtaking, and dare I say, beautiful. I've seen lots of art, and some of my favorite art is objects made of other objects, like a man made of plates or something like that. This was a river made of cars. It rippled and eddied, and bounced and bubbled. I was flabbergasted.

There has always been a place to look and see something other than cars, wherever else I've been. You can be stuck between and beside semis, for example, and look over and see the trees at the side of the highway. But between Boston Market and Byerly's on Ridgedale drive today I was immersed in traffic so dense and large, it transcended my ability to have thoughts about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home