Friday

misc.

Last night the lovely bride and I took advantage of our proximity to Joe's crab shack, which, even if it is a globocorporate satan, offers good food at affordable prices. I don't think it's as evil as Applebee's or that ilk, but there are quite a few locations... She had this, I had that, it was good, and we left stuffed. The bananas foster is enormous. I decided I have to get a good recipe for red beans and rice. There's no reason you ought to be paying over three fifty for a meal of it anywhere. It's red beans and rice, people. The sausage alone should cost actual dollars. You could almost trade the other ingredients for buttons you found on the sidewalk.

On my way to work today after the test (they were called quizzes, now they've become tests), which I expect I did well on (just like the other ones, which I didn't do well on, which was persnickety bullshit), I was passed by a grey pontiac grand something that was driven by someone who I assume is accustomed to looking at the middle fingers of many a driver. He/she was all over the road, taking dangerous lines between cars and trucks, and it occurred to me the old pontiac slogan about "we are driving excitement", must have really sunk in. Fully a half of the Pontiac drivers I see on the road drive conspicuously poorly. It's not a sports car, jackasses.

Work has been going well. It turns out the midazolam I discovered was missing, wasn't. Which is good, because when something isn't where it's supposed to be, it always winds up with my little signature attached. I do know how to get around that, by the way, but I don't want my blog to be the favorite destination of health care workers who want to steal drugs out of the pyxis, so I'm going to leave it at that, except to say that if I ever get in trouble for stealing drugs I didn't steal, I plan to us that knowledge just to show the management I pretty much have a sticker of Calvin peeing on their beloved drug security. I don't think it will ever come to that. This place isn't rife with enough of those kinds of problems to make overreacting a symptomatic, commonplace event. You're innocent till proven guilty around here. I think sometimes about what watchmakers will be like, what my next career will be like socially. Because this place is the best fit for me I've ever had. There's no room for personality problems in critical healthcare; we all have to be ready to swing into action without moping or thundering or anything. A kind of cheery preparedness prevails here. Watchmaking, I'm afraid, might give people a great chance to retreat deep into themselves that will lead to somewhat more strained social arrangements.

Tonight the illustrious Mr. Newman and I will be trying out a Tibetan place in uptown. I want the yak balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home