Saturday

An open letter to the lead singer of Chicago

Dear sir,

Many years ago I was hung over and slept through my alarm. In my haste to make up for lost time, I forgot my watch on my way out of the house. Late for a meeting with a very important client, I was moving at a brisk pace when I saw a man on the street, and asked him what the time was that was on his watch. He looked at me dumbfounded, then launched into an existential meltdown I can only describe as total. I am relatively certain, sir, that that man was you.

It may be that your band’s music has subsequently colored my memory of your insane ramblings, but I think I remember you shouting “Who cares about time? What, do you have time to, uh, die? Man?” which caused me great fear that you might turn out to be homicidal, in addition to being very strung out on highly dangerous drugs.

I wonder, sir, have you resolved your philosophical dilemmas? Did your time in the limelight of fame and riches prove to be adequately rewarding to, if not quench and extinguish, at least mollify your tortured introspection? Or have you found the path to inner peace? Are you a Jesus guy now?

If possible, please respond in the form of a smooth new hit song!

Thanks,
Dale Shipley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home