Saturday

footprints in the sand

One time I had this dream that I was walking on the beach with the arcade claw machine.
I remembered all the good times we had with those aliens and teddy bears that kept getting away.
And each time I would think back and remember the claw machine footprints right there by me.
But sometimes there was only one set of footprints.
So then I was thinking about when the ocean would come and wash away some of the footprints like that time when I went to that meeting with that motivational speaker and it made everybody feel all funny like Abraham Lincoln was trying to come right off of that five dollar bill and do weird things to their butthole while they were asleep.
And so I turned to the arcade claw machine and I says to it, I says
Hey buddy, what's up with the whole thing where you say you will always have a spot to hold my beer and then I turn around and your footprints are not even there!
And then the arcade claw machine turns to me and says in that squeaky way it has "Those times when there were just the one set of footprints over there is where you got drunk and passed out and those guys took your wallet."
And I looked back and I gave it a quarter and just patted it on its big red button as if to say "Oh yeah. My bad, arcade claw machine."

Well, vacation was good. It was about eighty five and sunny and beachy and corona-y every day so there you go. It's good to be back though where nobody is going to beg us for money and we can drink the water and open the fridge and close it again and watch tv in English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home