Saturday

I get it now!

The more one agrees with and praises the Commander-in-Chief, the more "conservative" one is, even when his actions aren't even remotely "conservative." That really is the definition of a creepy cult of personality, and it has consumed a large segment of the Republican party. - Glenn Greenwald

Including my father. - me

I have to learn to cherish these eureka moments.

What he's talking about is when Bob Barr, well, here:

"Are we losing our lodestar, which is the Bill of Rights?" Barr beseeched the several hundred conservatives at the Omni Shoreham in Woodley Park. "Are we in danger of putting allegiance to party ahead of allegiance to principle?"

Barr answered in the affirmative. "Do we truly remain a society that believes that . . . every president must abide by the law of this country?" he posed. "I, as a conservative, say yes. I hope you as conservatives say yes."

But nobody said anything in the deathly quiet audience. Barr merited only polite applause when he finished, and one man, Richard Sorcinelli, booed him loudly. "I can't believe I'm in a conservative hall listening to him say [Bush] is off course trying to defend the United States," Sorcinelli fumed.


you can read that entire article here:
Bob Barr, Bane of the Right?

If god is a ten, George W. Bush must be at least an eight, but we'd need some real republicans to poll, to be sure. Let's talk, guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home