Tuesday

my reality show can beat up your reality show

If I could do whatever I wanted, I'd hire some friends to walk around taping my life and make a "reality show" out of what I did. I'd make it up as I went along.

If there have to be reality shows they should be realistic, and they aren't. Some nights you just sit there and actively put off the much-needed rearranging of your bookshelves. That's what you'd get on my show. Eventually.

The very first thing I'd do, if I were in this special situation of doing a reality tv show whose operational specifics fluctuated at my merest whim, would be to seek out other reality shows, and crash my little reality party right into theirs. I'd be reality hunting, and my gig would be wrecking the shit out of those poor bastards. Maybe I'd call it "the fake reality show" or something along those lines, to drive the point home.

Me vs. Fear factor: "Oh no, lady! Don't eat the slimy bug! That would be gross! Pee-YEW!"
Me vs. Dog the bounty hunter: "Hey, dog, the famous bounty hunter! I think that the bad guy has gone (cartoon gesture) THAT WAY!"
Me vs. Any of several prank shows: "Hey, mister! Somebody's trying to play a trick on you right now! And it's going to be on tv and be really funny! So ACT SURPRISED!"

I would have the easy job. It would be the re-real-ification of tv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home