Tuesday

I idly glanced at my school schedule today and wished I hadn't. I wished I'd augmented my courage with some liquid fire (I accidentally left a flask of the stuff in my jacket pocket yesterday and brought it to school with me), then placed the schedule across the room and looked at it from there, because what I saw disturbed me severely.

My next day away from school is a month and two days from now. I work that day, so my first actual day off from school and work doesn't come until April the seventeenth. That's over two months without any days off to lay around studying the subtle nuances of laziness like G.K. Chesterton, or to do laundry, or to steam into Duluth half-loaded and hell bent for liquor, not caring what kind of hangover the morning will bring.

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo that says APRIL 17, to remind me that a day of rest is on its way. Maybe I'll get it in chinese, so I can make up a new meaning for it depending on who wants to know what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home