Monday

old boots: "vote sentimental values"

I hope that when you walk into the voting booth this fall you'll think of all the good times we had together.

Remember those frozen puddles you used to stomp on that I protected your feet from? Go ahead, smash away, I silently assured you. Old trusties, I remember you calling me. And in winter you weren't even wearing wool socks most of the time, because of me, my friend. But were you worried? Of course not. Didn't mean to ask you a rhetorical question, but you see, I'm running for office and am counting on your support. You should not only never throw me away, even though your carelessness over time is twisting my dry leather into blister-inducing sharp curls, you should elect me county commissioner. Because together we can make this town into the place you fondly remember, from a better time, when you were a little younger and life just felt better. God bless the United States of America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home