Friday

This week in watch school was a busy one.

Monday we got our watches cleaned up and ready for destruction.
Tuesday we took our final wostep intermediate test, and
Wednesday we found out we’d passed. The rest of that day was occupied with basic tinkering and evaluating our evaluations.
Thursday we prepared our 6497s for dynamic poising. I had to get a new hairspring because I turned my former one into a pretzel. My watch is statically poised, oiled, and ready to go.
It’s Friday now and we’re plating today. That requires an extremely deadly cyanide solution, so if we get it on ourselves, or if it gets too warm (we’re heating it), we die. Compared to not plating my watch at all, this seems like a worse option, but life is not as we wish it to be, and deadly poisons lurk around every watchmaking corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home