Tuesday

Man did things get multicultural around here. There were some aztec dancers at lunch whose drummer was making such a racket I couldn't hear myself think. Mixed blessing. Most of what I think about is pretty boring.

Not hearing myself think is common down there. Thursday they'll either have another acoustic duo cranked to a Roman decibel level like yesterday (a "band" calling themselves "Syd", which was two guys on acoustic guitars playing, among other things, Billie Jean to devastating effect on my will to live), or more karaoke, out of which nightmares are made. Oh. Last week, the Thursday guys --two guys acoustically ruining my life, check-- were singing some songs and the singer's like: "Here's one I wrote for my ex-girlfriend on Valentine's day." I keep looking around for the Tragic-cam, because I have to be being played some kind of sick joke on. So far it has managed to remain hidden.

As I watched the dancers today I noticed
1) that I couldn't see their snappers peeking out from under their big ol' skirt-garments, and that didn't seem very authentic
2) multiculturalism can allow quite a bit of wiggle room that would be fairly easy to exploit, if you're the right person with the right idea. Read on.

I had this idea probably two years or so ago, and it came flooding back to me at lunch. I think it would be funny to do a comedy sketch of a guy who's half black and half cherokee. His name was, and is, in my imagination, Thunderfeather Jones. I've seen plenty of sketches on plenty of shows that aren't even close to as funny as Thunderfeather Jones trying to explore his cultures and being rejected from both of them because of his connection with the other.

Ma: [black woman, pleading] Naw, dawn lea, son! Wheah you gawn?
TJ: Well, mom, I just feel like there's more out there... I feel my forefathers calling to me. The land... [points to ground] Bye, mom! I don't know where I'm going, but I'll call you when I get there. [leaves]
Ma: [Fans face with meaty hand. To self, smiling sweetly] Thundafeatha' daddy was a drunk-ass hobo. When Thundafeatha gawn fin' what he lookin' faw?

Tis comedy gold! Hire me! Pay me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home