Friday

hey, they asked

Each month, my hospital has an essay question on their intranet. Even knowing nothing else about it, this appeals to me.

It's typical; you fill out a web form and wing it in, and if they pick yours for publication in next month's newsletter (hope of hopes!), you get a t-shirt and a bag of chips or something. This one in particular caught my eye, so here is my response to this month's "My Opinion Counts" question:

What is the most important lesson a child has taught you?

The most important lesson a child has taught me is "Don't think just because you're in Disneyworld that you can't get killed." I'm sorry it took a death to remind me of my mortality, but I'm hard pressed to think of anything else that quite does the trick. His name was Daudi Bamuwamye, and he was four years old. He is now in the big Disneyland in the sky.

I hope I win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home