Saturday

Portraits of burn victims:
Burned - a photoset on Flickr

Hmmm...Drawings by Mail

Labor intensive video mashup that I don't understand the point of:
YouTube - Sunday Bloody Sunday by Bush

What a week. Watch school is intense right now. One of our two big certification exams is coming up at the end of the month and the class is feeling like a pressure cooker. I decided Wednesday that I was tired of being worried about it and that I'd do the best I could and leave it at that.

We'll have four days to overhaul and adjust either a 955 or 255, a 2824, and a 7750. That's a quartz watch, an automatic calendar, and an automatic calendar chonograph. Seems like a lot of time but they're giving them to us filthy and with lots of problems introduced. There's also a written portion of the test that by all accounts it's much easier to do well on if you've been in the field for a few years. I do not expect everyone to pass this thing. Maybe half the class. I got the day off the Sunday before this test that so I can play with watches all day and be ready; Monday is a terrible day to get started on watches cold, or after a weekend squeezing syringes as hard as your hands possibly can. I don't like cranking on the hands, but you have to because someone's dying upstairs and when they need some phenylephrine in a hurry, nothing else will do.

I 86ed word verification on the stupid comments so they'll be easier to use. Hopefully the robots won't heckle me to death with tantalizing offers of discounts on brand name drugs and watches and so on.

4 Comments:

At Saturday, July 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that drawings by mail thing is odd.

 
At Saturday, July 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what should we get him to draw?

 
At Sunday, July 02, 2006, Blogger dale said...

What about "Obese patriotic siamese triplets connected at the butt"?

 
At Sunday, July 02, 2006, Blogger dale said...

I sent in a request for that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home