Friday

I was just thinking about Christina McAuliffe's extramenopausal hot flash (as I so often do), and what that explosion would have looked like if they'd actually made it to space with no oxygen to combust all that fuel. Would they have been ok?

Or, would it have just sent them careening on some wonky trajectory to the far reaches of near space? That scenario captures my imagination, and I was thus exploited once by Kurt Vonnegut who wrote a story about that situation. Only in his story the guys are still in orbit. If you gotta die, the space shuttle is a good way to do it. You drift away forever, or you explode. The world is full of assholes anyway.

1 Comments:

At Friday, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first thought about that when watching Star Wars. The explosion of the Death Star puzzled me, mainly because all components of such a big explosion would have to be encased within its cold, ominous shell. Hmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home