Thursday

The mentally disturbed do not employ the Principle of Scientific Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of facts. They shoot for the baroque.


The only two consecutive sentences of the hallucinatory, schizophrenic, autobiographical, insane work of science fiction I found to be honest without some painful, twisted element of confusion and self-referentiality, Valis, Philip K. Dick. But to be fair, I only got through maybe seventy pages of it, the first 22 and fifty more from here and there. It wasn't easy to be Philip K. Dick.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It had to come from some where. All PKD books are russian dolls of lies, confusion and delusion. That's the whole point. I warned you when I gave you the book that I didn't really have a clue what that book was really about. I wasn't even sure I liked it. But I thought it was worth it.

 
At Friday, October 20, 2006, Blogger dale said...

Thank you both for that book and for the Chuck Palahniuk number to wash it out of my mouth with.

 
At Friday, October 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's kind of like washing the taste of absinthe out with cheap liquor. Not that CP is cheap or bad, but definitely harsh and bitter.

 
At Saturday, October 21, 2006, Blogger dale said...

I'm enjoying "diary" so far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home