Wednesday

all done.

Today was the last day of school and of testing, and I'm waiting to be picked up at school, which although it's a result of a logistical snafu on my part, has a marvelous sense of occasion and feeling of authenticity. The old "lingering after and watching the kids get picked up one by one". It's over and we depart.

I'm not going to get into how I feel it went, because these two years and countless hours of waiting in lines, filling out forms, and sitting in classes and in rush hour traffic both ways every single day have led up to these few days; now that it's all out of my hands and I won't know if I passed till Saturday, the last thing I want to do is make an assumption that turns out to be mistaken. It's been an investment of time, money, and patience, and it could all go terribly wrong very easily. If this is like the AWCI exam, what I find out Saturday will have me either in a good mood or a bad mood that will last for months.

Martin brought the certificates from Switzerland. They sit pinkly in a folder upstairs, with our little namey-wameys printed on them. Each one will either get signed or shredded.

Either way, I'm satisfied with how I did.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, December 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006, Blogger dale said...

yee-haw!

thanks.

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006, Blogger Analogcabin said...

Did you pass whatever it was? And didn't you pass the AWCI thing? I'm not following.

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006, Blogger dale said...

I took a 36-hour exam this summer for the AWCI exam, which I passed. Those are the American boards.

The latest one (WOSTEP) was the swiss boards, and I won't know if I passed them till Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home