Friday

same shit, different blog

Last night I got to meet some people who read this blog from down in Missouri, and it turns out the woman, the mother and wife, my cousin-in-law, has been an anonymous commenter here. I am 99.44 per cent sure this is the same person who I told recently after they anonymously made an unfriendly comment that "My ass and your lips should meet."

Who hasn't seen that scenario played out a million times?

Today as we drove the back roads home from the kind of awkwardness only beer and a cooperative, optimistic spirit can make right again, the redhead and I saw a bald eagle. It was flying right next to the car; those things are enormous. I think it winked at me!

Why wouldn't it? What are you, some kind of eagle-wink knower?

A few miles later I saw five chickens that had gotten loose and were digging for food next to a farm. I guess technically they're every bit as American, but I couldn't help but think those chickens looked pretty unpatriotic by comparison.

Man, fuck those chickens.

3 Comments:

At Friday, December 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, i don't understand your relationship to this mystery person or how you ran into them.

also, did the eagle soar like in Ashcroft's song? i hope so.

 
At Saturday, December 30, 2006, Blogger dale said...

I can't possibly disambiguate this without revealing relationships and getting deep into the weedy morass of family politics, so lemme see... nah. It will have to suffice to say that I've got a bulls-eye painted on me and my struggles with anonymous commenters will doubtless grind softly on.

The eagle cried one tear and that tear had a little American flag inside it, and within the stars on that flag were John Ashcroft. But yeah, it soared.

 
At Saturday, December 30, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Thngs I learned this week..... I've learned that I need a watch, where to get that watch and who will fix that watch for me. I learned that after spending 5 hours with someone I thought was a baffoon......I was wrong. Now we will give him a 20 second head start. And last but not least.....I was reminded that family is everything and you should take the time to appreciate all you have. We love you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home