Sunday

I spend many hours a week alone in a room turning screws, so I have lots of time to listen to things. Lucky for me, there's never been a time as good as now for being in this situation. Many wonderful shows abound in the cybersphere, and I'd be happy to send you a OPML of my many wonderful sources if you asked me to. (I beat the dead horse --please take it! here! it's good, you'll see!-- because I can't believe how much more I enjoy my day-to-day life because of what I get to listen to. Whatever commentary you snidely infer about what that says about the smalleness of my day-to-day life, there's no arguing against that the radio's a sewage-flooded wasteland in Florida.)

But here's one program you don't have to ask for! It's great great great, and if you want to develop a crush on a science chick, listen to episode 34 about the earth-like planet that was recently discovered.

They talk about what we know about the universe and how we know what we know. That's great! Now the next time a mouth-breather recites narcoleptically that the universe isn't 13.7 billion years old cause that ain't what the BAHbul says, you can tell them the four different ways it has been determined that it is. And so, so much more.

(Really, listen to #34, even if you don't listen to the other ones.)

Hearken! Astronomy podcast!

1 Comments:

At Monday, May 28, 2007, Blogger --- said...

yeah, i really enjoyed that actually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home